Membership is open to anyone who can hold a paddle and agrees to abide by the Codes of Conduct for coaches and members.
To join our club go to www.webcollect.org.uk/hcc . Select new member and the subscriptions you need, then follow the onscreen instructions. If you need boat storage, please check availability before paying. If you do not have online access, you can download the forms for membership and media consent below and deliver them by hand, with your payment, to the Chair, Secretary or Treasurer at the boathouse on Tyne Green on a Saturday afternoon between 1300 and 1500.
Available in Microsoft Word format.
Click image to start your download.
- Adult £32.00
- Junior £22.00
- Unwaged £22.00
- Family £68 (For one or two adults and two people under 18 who live at the same address; £10 per additional child)
- Reduced fees if joining from October (half annual rate) and January (quarter annual rate)
Benefits of membership include
- A friendly network of people to paddle with
- Trips, training and social events.
- The use of club boats and equipment at a discounted rate.
- Online logbook so you are able to record your paddling history.
- Support for active club members who wish to gain coaching qualifications
- Boat storage for members at our fully secure boat house limited space available
- Discounted pool sessions during the winter.
- Discounts at some outdoor stores
Code of Conduct
(Adopted by Club Committee on 18th August 2005)
- consider the well-being and safety of paddlers above all else and do not allow or condone behaviours that potentially threaten this
- follow the BCU and your Club's guidelines and policies
- display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance
- encourage paddlers to value their achievements
- do not allow or condone the use of prohibited substances
- never punish or belittle a person who makes a mistake
- use correct and proper language at all times
- set a good example by praising a paddler's achievements
- never force anyone to undertake an activity that they do not feel ready for
- always allow time for a paddler to consolidate and enjoy newly acquired skills
For all members
- treat other club members with respect at all times, both on the water and off
- treat other paddlers as you would want to be treated yourself
- avoid behaviour that may inconvenience or upset others
- Respect the Clubhouse facilities-place rubbish in waste bins and leave the boathouse clean and tidy
- Take care of all equipment. Hang up gear, clean boats and avoid damaging equipment
- Respect the environment
- Respect the advice of the coaching team
Membership discounts are available to all members making purchases from these retailers upon proof of membership via a valid membership card.
|Northeast kayaks and paddles 15%|